Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dental Health: Are you a pop drinker? No... but I sure love candy!!!!




Brushing and flossing my teeth is more than a habit. It is sort of an obbsession, and maybe sort of an OCD kind of thing. You know that feeling you get when you really need to brush your teeth, and it feels like you have sweaters on your teeth??? Or how about when you eat popcorn or skittles or something of the sort and you have that one piece way back there and you can not stop brushing your tongue over it?? That is why I keep floss in my car/purse/bathroom (obv)/nightstand/backpack/gymbag/etc, in addition to mouth wash or a toothbrush/toothpaste. I mean those dental health items are CRUCIAL. The kids I nanny for will never forget one of the first days I was with them, we were driving and I was like oh my gosh oh my gosh I NEED MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!!!!!!! So I brushed it right then and there, without water. Hey, deperate times call for desperate measures right??? I told them that I didn't care if people thought I looked weird brushing my teeth in my car, because at least they know that I brush me teeth at all. :)
Today my sister went to the dentist. I sat up front in the office for her while she had her appointment because I didn't have to work til this afternoon. She walks in and looks very upset. The verdict? Ten fillings, a root canal, a crown, and her wisdom teeth out. Poor kid!!! I bet she wishes she brushed and flossed a bit more in the past! I have a feeling I willl be bringing her soup and other soft foods to eat. The dental hygenist said to her "Are you a pop drinker?"; Kaylin says, "No....but I sure love candy!!!!!".
I love her!

No comments: