Thursday, November 6, 2008

livingsocial.com and mint.com

Here are two sites I really enjoy!

1) livingsocial.com:

Do you ever go to the bookstore, and aimlessly look at books, and wish you could buy a lot of them? No? Just me? Anyways, if I do not have any recent reccomendations from friends or from radio/tv, then I will go to this website which has a cataloge of tons of books. When you create your account at livingsocial, you can type in authors or titles or whatever of books you've read, and then rate them and review them. You can also pick if you want to read or if you are not interested. There is an option on living social called reccomendations which based on your choices and ratings offers books you might like. Its pretty neat!

2) mint.com

My boyfriend is an accountant and is interested in money (obv). This website links with your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, investments, etc., to catagorize where you are spending your money, your net worth, and so much more. You can pick to see your transactions and then a break down of them for day or week or month, or the past few months. It is very helpful because you can see where all of your darn money goes! Little things (like vet appointments) start to add up!! The one good thing abotu having a limited income is that most of my spendings go to groceries. Prescriptions too. At least I know I am being a responsible spender. Too bad my net worth was not worth posting, embarrassing actually. Could be worse right?

These are pretty good websites. Gosh, some people are so creative/smart/disciplined/etc. Congratulations to the people responsible for these sites. :)

Here are the links!

http://www.livingsocial.com
http://www.mint.com

No comments: